Pre-AX Roundup: Coming Attractions

June 27th, 2011
News, Roundup

Anime Expo 2011 is just around the corner, and that means it’s time for the second in our two part series of previews leading up to our panel on July 2nd (Saturday night, 11:00pm, room LP3 of the Los Angeles Convention Center if you’re keeping track). In this post we’ll be providing the exclusive, first ever introduction to several of the new titles we’ve licensed for upcoming release. Note that all of the games introduced below are intended for adults only (18+).

We’ll kick things off with Nitroplus, who we’re really excited to continue collaborating with again following the successful release of Demonbane in May. We’ve arranged to produce official localizations of several of their titles over the coming months. Check out the full lineup below!

Saya no Uta ~ The Song of Saya

Enter the world of Fuminori Sakisaka, a medical student who gets in a traffic accident and receives experimental brain surgery, being left with warped senses that view the world around him as a place of terror. Into this world comes Saya, a girl who is the only thing that now seems pure. With a scenario that stands as one of the first defining works of Madoka Magica creator Urobuchi Gen, nothing is as it seems — can you find away to escape the nightmare that surrounds you? A seminal work of horror and occult fiction in the visual novel genre.

Kikokugai: The Cyber Slayer

Writer Urobuchi Gen brings us to a near-future Shanghai where humans can easily obtain superhuman power through cybernetic augmentation. Society has degenerated and crime is rampant. While in the grip of crime syndicates, one man has returned to Shanghai seeking revenge. Kong Taoluo, a master assassin, has returned for the lives of five men in his former syndicate who wronged him and left him for dead, and for his sister, whom they’ve disgraced. A cyberpunk thriller and part of the essential Nitroplus game canon.

Hanachirasu

In an alternate version of history, Japan lost World War 2 not via a nuclear strike but a slow land war and occupation. Years later, violent uprisings on the main island of Honshu caused the establishment of martial law and led to the disbanding of the government and the banning of all firearms. By the 21st century, the sword is the weapon of highest power in an isolated, corrupt Tokyo. You portray master swordsman Akane Takeda, a young man driven by the desire to confront his rival in this dystopia no matter what the cost. A brilliant “sword opera” drama from writer Narahara Ittetsu.

Sumaga

Dubbed a “Life Revenge Adventure”, Sumaga is a departure from Nitroplus’s grittier fare with the story of a young man who finds himself falling through the sky, an amnesiac surrounded by witches on broomsticks, resurrected by God (a kindergartener in a TV set) with the command to take revenge on on his former life by reliving it as many times as he has to to achieve a Happy End. A madcap romantic comedy written by Shimokura Vio and with designs by Tsuji Santa, creator of Nitro+ mascot Super Sonico.

Outlaw Django ~ Zoku: Satsuriku no Django

Writer Urobuchi Gen returns with an in-your-face sendup of the Spaghetti Western cinematic tradition, pairing up with illustrator Niθ to bring the story of three female desperados who’ll do anything to make a buck or get ahead (sometimes literally). Set on a low tech rimworld in a sci-fi setting reminiscent of Cowboy Bebop or Firefly, this raunchy tale of lawlessness and hedonism sees switching perspectives and double and triple-crossing loyalties in a visually stunning, panoramic presentation. One of Nitroplus’s most daring experiments to date!

We’ll be cooperating contractually with the staff of TLwiki to bring these games to you as promptly as possible while retaining a high standard of quality, with the understanding from Nitroplus that the development cycle of Demonbane was excessively long. The release format will include several options, including bundled disc releases that pair some of the shorter games as well as individual download versions of each title. After a preliminary evaluation of game content we see no need to make any changes at this time.

Seinarukana

The successor to Aselia the Eternal and taking place within the same universe, Seinarukana is the pinnacle of technical RPG achievement from eroge maker Xuse. You portray Nozomu, a student increasingly plagued by nightmares, and for good reason – the struggle for independence in a parallel world is going badly, and the combatants there need his help. Along with his school friends Nozomu is transported to the world of the Eternity Sword, and embarks on an adventure that binds him to the struggle of this land and sees him travel across dimensions and fantastic landscapes, fighting for survival and forming deep relationships in this immersive epic fantasy RPG.

Seinarukana is being produced in contractual collaboration with the group currently working on the project hosted at TLwiki.

Starless

As a first year college student looking for a part time job for the summer you find a want ad for a live-in groundskeeper at a secluded estate. The term of employment is two weeks, and when you call to ask about the position, the pay that’s offered is unbelievably high. What could possibly go wrong? When you’re in a story from the mind of Bible Black and Discipline creator Sei Shoujo, plenty. Arriving at the mansion, you’ll enter a world of hedonism surrounded by the voluptuous, nymphomaniac household of the sadistic Mistress Marie. There’s a finishing bonus for staying the full two weeks, but can you escape with your mind — and body — intact? Starless will be coming in 2012, after the initial Japanese sales period has passed.

This concludes the preview of our new announcements, but there’s more to come! We’ll have complete information on our new license acquisitions at our panel at Anime Expo this weekend, Saturday July 2nd at 11:00pm, room LP3 of the Los Angeles Convention Center, including a project in the works that we think female fans will be particularly excited about. The panel will also include some great giveaways for every attendee, so we hope you’ll take 50 minutes from your Saturday night to check it out!

JAST USA will be on the floor of the Exhibit Hall at AX all four days as well with both Demonbane and Yukkuri Panic: Escalation available for sale – stop by and say hi!

Comments

comments

32 Comments

1. Posted June 27, 2011 at 8:02 pm | Permalink

Man… I am really crunk right now. Please say hard copies.

2. X-Calibar
    Posted June 27, 2011 at 8:42 pm | Permalink

It’s a good day to be a Nitro+ fan.

3. MZeroX
    Posted June 27, 2011 at 8:44 pm | Permalink

Pretty hype. Now let’s just not wait for 2 years, and everything is turning peachy.

4. Yzziv
    Posted June 27, 2011 at 10:30 pm | Permalink

so its safe to say by now that Sei Shoujo is a fan of the band King Crimson

looking forward to it though, love that full bodied artstyle

5. Asr163
    Posted June 28, 2011 at 12:48 am | Permalink

Saya, Cyber Slayer, Sumaga, Outlaw jdango, and SEINARUKANA which i have been wanting to play for a vary long time,

I hope all these come out by the end of this year

6. Posted June 28, 2011 at 2:33 am | Permalink

Hard copy of Saya no Uta – do want!

7. Heero Yuy
    Posted June 28, 2011 at 8:44 am | Permalink

Saya no Uta, Hanachirasu, AND Sumaga!?

Did anyone hear an earthquake just now, cause that’s the impact from my jaw hitting the floor…

Definitely gonna set money aside for these :D

8. Justin iZ Here
    Posted June 28, 2011 at 9:03 am | Permalink

seinarukana and sumaga i want!

iv already read hanachisiru and saya no uta via fan translations….

none the less im still stoked that sumaga is gonan be finished…altho my sorrows go out to the lone fan translator that has been working on it for years.

seinarukana im also supper happy for, been waiting forever since i finished aselia (also fan translation)

9. kyrt
    Posted June 28, 2011 at 8:43 pm | Permalink

curious that they say this is only several of the new titles they have licensed for release…does that mean there might be more at one of the expos?

I will be buying Sumaga, Outlaw Django, hanachirasu, Seinarukana, aselia the eternal, tenkuu yumina, my girlfriend is president, moero night blaze, and school days…eventually. Some may get cut depending on whether I find a job within the next two months. I’m hoping the shorter titles will not cost as much (saya and hanachirasu).

I was not planning on buying aselia the eternal but now that we are getting seinarukana I’m sold. just means I will buy aselia instead of the yuri game. oh well the yuri game was too short anyways.

my biggest concern with all of these announcements though lie in the inevitable debates/arguments/issues of censorship for these titles. Still I suppose we should just wait and see. Hopefully they will take their time with these titles and make them good ones. The benefit though in releasing a few already translated/partially translated titles means that they can get more of the games out at a quicker pace. I am happy though that they seem to be releasing some quality titles in the future.

10. kyrt
    Posted June 28, 2011 at 8:46 pm | Permalink

Why do I get the feeling the female oriented title is Togainu no Chi?

11. derp
    Posted June 29, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Permalink

>including a project in the works that we think female fans will be particularly excited about

My body is ready for either Togainu or Sweet Pool.

12. Posted June 29, 2011 at 7:29 pm | Permalink

Yes, we always publish hard copies, and also offer downloads. We love to give our customers options.

13. Harley
    Posted June 29, 2011 at 10:28 pm | Permalink

Oh god oh god I am so excited. Want kikokugai!

14. Shii
    Posted June 30, 2011 at 6:40 am | Permalink

I’m ready to preorder Saya no Uta. Just let me know when you want to take my money.

15. Posted June 30, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Permalink

So, when can I send my money for Seinarukana ;p Is it going to be some nice extras for it like the original Japanese edition?

I´m just so happy right now. Walking on clouds. Now I have to start waiting for more games again. Lovely.

16. Astraea
    Posted June 30, 2011 at 8:59 pm | Permalink

just a question, is Seinarukana all-age or 18+ ?

17. Ren
    Posted July 1, 2011 at 2:34 am | Permalink

Seeing as I originally bought the Japanese version of Saya no Uta to support the authors (and never got to make the localisation patch work on it), I’m really happy to see that it will finally be out! I’m also really curious about Tre donne crudeli http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dJ4six2_lw … that’s one of the few things I wouldn’t have imagined from an hentai game. The intro’s lyrics aren’t all that wrong either, from what I could understand of it. :D
    Weird, I was expecting them to rape my native language (Italian). Well, having seen this line-up, I know how I’ll spend my money in the next few months!

18. NkH
    Posted July 2, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Permalink

Although the Urobuchi Gen combo looks awesome, I’ll be getting Seinarukana and Sumaga only. Because god knows how long I’ve been waiting for them.

19. Harley
    Posted July 2, 2011 at 6:51 pm | Permalink

I just read the female fan part. I would just die of happiness if it was Sweet Pool.

20. Orion
    Posted July 3, 2011 at 3:50 am | Permalink

Is there any way to play to play any of the story-driven games, like Django and Demonbane, without having to sit through the adult content? If not a safe install, then at least a “skip cutscene” button?

21. Yo
    Posted July 3, 2011 at 8:17 pm | Permalink

what happend to jingai makyo

22. Posted July 3, 2011 at 11:58 pm | Permalink

Now request for an uncut version of Phantom Of Inferno (released totally censored years ago by Hirameki International -.-) \o/

23. Platypus
    Posted July 4, 2011 at 10:43 pm | Permalink

Saya no Uta? TAKE MY MONEY. I’ve been meaning to re-read it, it will be wonderful to do so with an official copy. Too bad I can’t get a hard copy of the soundtrack but at least I was able to get official DRM-free MP3s from JapanFiles.

24. zamx
    Posted July 7, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Permalink

And what about Jingai Makyo?!

I’ve been waiting for that novel for years!

25. Avi-chan
    Posted July 12, 2011 at 8:11 am | Permalink

Really hope you continue to look into taking on the Starry Sky series. I know as a fan I would buy the whole series… Thank you very much for your hard work and I hope to see more otome games translated for the English audience! You have my support!

26. akeleven
    Posted July 12, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Permalink

I don’t see yaoi items? cry..

27. Shingo
    Posted July 12, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Permalink

>>akeleven
    We haven’t closed the book on yaoi yet, we hope to have more to report on this in the coming months. Stay tuned!

28. Shingo
    Posted July 12, 2011 at 5:57 pm | Permalink

>>Avi-chan
    Thank you! We’ll have more information available about the Starry Sky project soon.

29. Shingo
    Posted July 12, 2011 at 6:00 pm | Permalink

The existing version of Jingai Makyou is incompatible with Windows 7, which is why we temporarily had to abandon the project. Stay tuned for more information from Nitroplus, though!

30. Shingo
    Posted July 12, 2011 at 6:17 pm | Permalink

You can manually skip through the adult content without reading or hearing it, but there’s no one-click option that disables it. After you’ve played a game section once in Demonbane you can use the ‘skip to next choice point’ option to avoid exposure to text and visuals you’ve already seen.

31. Yo
    Posted July 12, 2011 at 10:19 pm | Permalink

Are they still going to release jingai makyo

32. Duomaxwell
    Posted August 12, 2011 at 7:26 pm | Permalink

Will Jast and nitroplus ever do a English translated version of Jingai Makyou?

12 Trackbacks

1. By JAST USA Futur Line-Up. « Cgland on June 27, 2011 at 10:55 pm

[...] Source [...]

2. [...] master release of Deus Machina Demonbane, JAST USA is pumping out more nitro+ ADV games. In fact, they’re bringing in five, with assistance from fan translator group tlwiki. So what games are they planning to [...]

3. [...] LP3. Beforehand, however, they have already publicized (at least some of) their announcements in a post on their blog. They’ve managed to secure Nitro+’s okay with releasing five more of [...]

4. By JastUSA släpper Seinarukana | Deculture on June 30, 2011 at 11:52 pm

[...] JastUSA AKPC_IDS += [...]

5. By JastUSA brings Seinarukana!! | The Fool on July 3, 2011 at 12:08 am

[...] that dream has come true. According to JastUSA sometime during the time span of 2011-2012 they will bring Seinarukana. The sequel to Aselia the [...]

6. [...] USA had already announced seven new titles on its blog on Monday: Saya no Uta ~ Song of Saya, Kikokugai: The Cyber Slayer, [...]

7. [...] USA had already announced seven new titles on its blog on Monday: Saya no Uta ~ Song of Saya, Kikokugai: The Cyber Slayer, [...]

8. [...] USA had already announced seven new titles on its blog on Monday: Saya no Uta ~ Song of Saya, Kikokugai: The Cyber Slayer, [...]

9. [...] USA had already announced seven new titles on its blog on Monday: Saya no Uta ~ Song of Saya, Kikokugai: The Cyber Slayer, [...]

10. [...] JAST USA unveils it upcomings releases including STARLESS! I’ve heard of Saya no Uta and Django (mainly because of Niθ) but I’m still not sure if I have enough patience to play non-nukige visual novels. I’ll probably pick up School Days when they eventually release it. I’d love to see some Alicesoft titles officially localized. [...]

11. By Anime Expo 2011: JAST USA Panel - AnimeRoot on July 8, 2011 at 11:01 pm

[...] full listing of descriptions for most titles can be seen Here on the official [...]

12. [...] want to release their promising titles at a faster rate which has enabled them to offer a sizable lineup for 2012 onward. Two of the titles on the list Saya no Uta and Hanachirasu have already been [...]